Salt Lake Valley Health Department
International Travel Clinic
Knowledge is the key to successful International Travel
The Salt Lake Valley International Travel Clinic provides the following for international travelers and missionaries:
Call (385) 468-4111 for an appointment
Already have an appointment?
- Pre-travel education
- Travel-related prescriptions
Did you know?
- There is an 80% chance you will have an illness when traveling in a lesser-developed country.
- There is an 80% chance you will seek medical care while traveling.
- After returning home, there is a 25% chance you will experience diarrhea, respiratory illness, a skin problem or fever.
** Your individual degree of risk can improve with proper pre-travel education **
- Food and water safety tips
- Personal protection measures
- Overseas medical and evacuation insurance information
- Jet lag information
- Important information when traveling with children
- Travel safety information
- Medical kit checklist
- High altitude information
- Treatment information for "Traveler’s Diarrhea"
- Important information for traveling when pregnant
Travel immunization information is also available at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website or via their toll-free request line (to receive faxed information) at (888) 232-3299. Download Travel Smart (89KB PDF).
For detailed and up-to-date information about specific diseases, please refer to the CDC website
All SLVHD International Travel Clinic nurses are members of the