Salt Lake Valley Health Department
Green Business Program
- Save money: one participating business plans to save $50,000 this year by simply reducing electricity use by 10%.
- Help the environment: the average restaurant uses 300,000 gallons of water and produces 100,000 pounds of waste each year. Do your part to lessen your impact today!
- Protect precious water resources in the Salt Lake Valley: simple pollution prevention techniques can keep pollutants out of the storm drain system, where they flow directly into local streams and the Jordan River.
- Gain public recognition as a green business: permission to use our Salt Lake County Green logo on advertising material, menus, websites, etc.
- Free listing on our website as a Certified Green Business.
- Free low-flow pre-rinse dishwashing nozzle (368 KB) that can save $1300 and 90,000 gallons of water per year to first 25 participating restaurants.
- Free Salt Lake County Green logo window sticker to first 50 participating businesses.