Salt Lake Valley Health Department
Bureau of Water Quality and Hazardous Waste
788 East Woodoak Lane (5380 South)
Murray, Utah 84107
Liquid Waste Haulers
Liquid Waste Haulers transport liquid waste from one location to the proper final disposal.
Licensed Liquid Waste Haulers are permitted and inspected by the Salt Lake Valley Health Department.
Commonly Asked Questions for Liquid Waste
1. What kind of permit do I need for hauling Liquid Waste?
- You need a Liquid Waste Hauler Permit(scavenger permit).
2. What are the requirements from the Health Department for this permit?
- You must:
a. Register with the Health Department.
b. Get either a Surety Bond or General Liability Insurance.
c. Pay the annual permit fee.
d. Pass the inspection from the Health Department.
e. Be issued a permit.
3. How much do I need to pay?
- The annual permit fee is $125.00.
4. How many trucks can the annual permit fee cover?
- The annual permit fee covers up to 5 trucks.
5. Do I need to have any signage for my truck?
- Yes. There are specific requirements for signage for the trucks.
6. How do I know if someone that appears to be a liquid waste hauler is permitted?
- Look for the Health Department blue sticker (example below):